For more than two decades, Navitas has accelerated the internationalization of university campuses around the globe, providing international students greater opportunity and access to high-quality learning experiences. Our North American university partners include Simon Fraser University, University of Manitoba, University of Massachusetts Lowell, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, University of Massachusetts Boston, University of New Hampshire, Florida Atlantic University and University of Idaho.
Navitas is seeking to employ a Student Success Program Specialist (Internationalization) to join our growing North American team in Boston MA.
Please send cover letter and resume to HR-NavitasNA@navitas.com. Reference job code 0317NVT-SSPS-PIE in the subject line of your email.
The Student Success Program Specialist supports staff in developing and implementing successful student programs, leading to strong student outcomes, positive student experience, high retention and overall unit success for both new and continuing pathway operations.
· Highest levels of student experience through best practice student management services and support for current and new sites;
· Assist the VP Operations and Academic Affairs in the set up and documentation of the student experience areas in new BU’s;
· Support and train new BU staff in the student management and support systems;
· Support Assistant Executive Directors and Student Success Managers in student support operations including but not limited to pre-arrival, orientation, student success initiatives, student ambassadors, community building and social activities;
· Work with existing student services and support staff to build best practices and improve the student experience, conducting additional training where required;
· Provides training sessions in student affairs related topics including new research and specific campus needs;
· Document USA best practices for regional workshopping and training of new staff, including Student Experience Project objectives and outcomes;
· Promote good relations amongst Navitas student services and academic support staff.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
This role requires an experienced higher education professional who is highly motivated, team-oriented and capable of introducing and sustaining a culture of commitment to student outcomes.
• Minimum 7 years’ experience managing a student affairs department or similar area particularly in a multi-cultural environment;
• Well-developed and demonstrable written communication skills in the compilation, presentation and dissemination of reports and planning documents;
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant area; Master’s preferred;
• Proven ability to lead and implement change to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations – preferably in an educational setting;
• Demonstrated experience in quality assurance within academic and administrative environments, with commitment to teaching and learning;
• Legally eligible to work in the USA;
• Valid passport and the ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
• Ability to speak a second language.
No online application available