For more than two decades, Navitas has accelerated the internationalization of university campuses around the globe, providing international students greater opportunity and access to high-quality learning experiences. Our North American university partners include Simon Fraser University, University of Manitoba, University of Massachusetts Lowell, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, University of Massachusetts Boston, University of New Hampshire, Florida Atlantic University and University of Idaho.
Navitas is seeking to employ an Executive Director to join our North American team at the University of New Hampshire, Durham NH.
Please no agencies or third parties.
Please send cover letter and resume to HR-NavitasNA@navitas.com. Reference job code 0417UNH-ED-PIE in the subject line of your email.
The Executive Director (ED) oversees the strategic academic and administrative functions of the Global Student Success Program in partnership with the University Partner. This role includes: management of day-to-day program operations including staffing, budget management and planning for the Academic program and student administration; effectively positioning the Global Student Success Program within the University to ensure maximum growth and engagement; and the management, mentoring and leadership of staff. Establishing and maintaining relationships with the University community is integral to success in this position.
The ED is also a key member of the senior management team for Navitas in the USA.
Management and Leadership
· Provide leadership and oversight of all aspects of the Global Student Success Program.
· Ensure success of the Program through effective leadership of the annual strategic planning process and implementation of strategies to drive enrollment growth and achieve positive academic outcomes.
· Lead a cross-functional team that includes campus-based Navitas staff and Navitas North America Shared Services (corporate) resources.
· Develop and maintain relationships with key University stakeholders.
· Oversee admissions requirements and processes; ensure collaboration with University admissions staff.
· Monitor academic standards and student outcomes to ensure the Program maintains an appropriate level of quality that meets requirements set forth by both the University and regulatory agencies.
· Ensure delivery of an outstanding student experience by maintaining best practice levels of customer service and care, and ensuring that all governance and compliance standards are maintained.
· Implement operations in accordance with national and state principles, standards and operational protocols and ensure that the Program maintains compliance with all regulatory and legislative requirements.
· Other duties and travel as required
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Master’s degree in educational administration or management or related field(s)
• Experience in a senior leadership role in an educational institution or related; background in post-secondary international education strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills at both strategic and operational levels, including effective management of both financial and human resources,
• Highly developed interpersonal, communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Proven ability to initiate, lead and implement growth strategies leading to sustainable business growth, preferably in an educational environment.
• Exceptional relationship-building and communication skills.
• Sound knowledge of equal opportunity, equity and workplace health and safety principles and ability to implement them at the strategic and operational level.
• Proven ability to build a team, embed a culture of creative discipline and provide strong leadership.
• An understanding of the US post-secondary education sector.
• Valid passport and ability to travel internationally and domestically required.
• Must have legal right to work in the USA.
• Experience in a multicultural environment.
• Experience in a services focused environment.
• Experience in the international student environment.