Navitas is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs and language training.
The Director of Learning Teaching and Academic Quality (DoLTAQ) is responsible for the strategic management and direction of the Navitas learning and teaching infrastructure, culture and approach and its custodian of academic quality and standards. This is a key national role in promoting the sustainable growth of the College network in the UK.
The role is charged with ensuring the effective management of the pedagogic operations of the College network inclusive of embedding a comprehensive quality assurance and enhancement regime across the academic environment; facilitation of a successful academic interface with each of the Partner Universities; the effective management and mentoring of the staff involved in learning, teaching and academic quality; and participation in the strategic planning and implementation process related to the growth agenda.
The successful candidate will:
- demonstrate the capacity to think logically and strategically
- understand the nature of the regulatory processes related to the education export services industry
- understand and respect the critical interface between student recruitment imperatives and the quality assurance process
- know how to develop and implement relevant, market attractive courses of study
- demonstrate flexible and creative problem solving skills
- be an articulate, highly motivated, team-orientated person capable of instilling and maintaining a culture of commitment to a comprehensive Quality Assurance regime and creative achievement across the UK College network
- Possess a postgraduate qualification
- have at least five years of management/academic development experience
- be able to balance the demands of a rigorous quality management regime with bottom line imperatives through demonstrated experience of business planning and budget management
- demonstrate effective public speaking skills and high level interpersonal skills
- be able to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently
- know when to use initiative
- enjoy working in a performance focused environment
- demonstrate an effective working knowledge of the university pathway sector with particular reference to the pedagogic environment
- commit unreservedly to delivering a best practice, quality driven management regime
- have the ability to travel regularly
For further information about this role, please visit:
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK on an ongoing basis. Navitas is a safeguarding employer and the successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
What we Offer
The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within the UK and abroad, and is a values driven and an equal opportunity employer. Navitas reserve the right to fill the position by invitation.
Enquiries and applications, including both a covering letter and curriculum vitae should be sent to:
Leanne Kilgallon | HR Business Partner | Leanne.Kilgallon@navitas.com |
Please note that applications close at Tuesday 28th February 2017 at 17:00 (GMT).