The Operations Coordinator reports directly to the Group Operations Manager and is responsible for the planning and delivery of all programmes in the UK. They are responsible for the effective planning, execution and delivery of ad hoc programmes throughout the year and are the primary point of contact for the delivery of summer programmes in July/August.
Maintaining and developing relationships with service providers, identifying new locations and cultivating relationships with campus and accommodation providers, recruitment and training of staff, and logistical planning of programmes, transportation and accommodation provision are key components of the role. The Operations Coordinator is encouraged to identify areas for improvement and cost-saving across all features of the UK Operations as well as ensuring all statutory and compliance paperwork is up-to-date and in line with current requirements. Along with the Group Operations Manager, they will work closely with Sales, Bookings and Finance in forecasting and budgeting for all centres.
Ideal Candidate will possess:
· previous experience working in an EFL environment, preferably as Centre Manager/Operations Manager
· a knowledge of British Council inspection criteria and key stage documentation
· excellent organisational and project management skills
· an ability to work in a culturally and linguistically diverse environment
· an ability to form and maintain key relationships and negotiate with service providers
· a strong awareness of cost control and working within a budget
· a desire to innovate and reform procedural practices and take ownership of their role
· an ability to react quickly to customer demands and deal with issues escalated from Centre Managers