The director leads an established center of learning for international students conditionally accepted to the university and in other ways supports the university’s international education efforts. The director represents INTERLINK to the university and the university to INTERLINK, supervises teachers and administrative staff, recruits and retains students, and makes policy decisions both for the center and institution-wide with INTERLINK directors at other sites.
• Graduate degree in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or closely related field
• Minimum 3 year’s experience directing ESL/EFL programs
• Advanced Internet proficiency and related computer skills
• Superior communication skills: verbal, written, interpersonal, cross-cultural
Commensurate with experience
• Medical insurance
• Contribution to retirement (401k)
• 3 weeks vacation (to be taken during university breaks)
Institution & Program
With multiple centers in the US and abroad, INTERLINK Language Centers are renowned as much for their student success as for their principles of teaching and learning and the classroom approaches that grow from them.
The six-level curriculum – beginner through advanced – integrates formal and non-formal learning in and out of the classroom. The student’s academic context and cross-cultural skill development are integrated into the learning of English. Additional details are available at www.interlink.edu.
The start date for the position is September 2012. To apply, please visit http://direct.interlink.edu/
Those not meeting the qualifications and requirements will not be acknowledged.